Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Few of the Differences

Between this year and last, there are numerous contrasts:

This year, I take UNINTERRUPTED naps.

Last year I was an okay nurse, a poor veterinarian, an unsuccessful farmer, an inconsistent mother, a self-taught stick-shift driver, a rookie boss, a rat's worst nightmare, a frustrated school director, a mosquito's daily bread, a poor excuse for a relief worker, an almost teacher, a bad electrician, a promising mechanic and a missionary without her sanity.

This year I'm a normal administrator.

Last year I missed people so bad it hurt.

This year I have friends who live here AND speak English.

Last year I thought everyone hated me.

This year I'm planting trees with the prime minister.

Who's having a good time now?

That would be ME.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Crash! Another missionary just told me here that the second year of work is different from the first. I love how the Lord is teaching you to appreciate the lessons of both this year and last. Love you! Hugs and Spanish kisses.