Friday, December 19, 2008

Oh Haiti

Well, may I say that at this point I could really deal with some time off. In fact, I took some already- yesterday. Went to the beach and sat. Looked at the beach and thought about the beach and listened to the beach and read a book by the beach. It was a wonderfully simple day.

I'm having hard time gathering my thoughts, probably because I ran out of time to sort them like a week ago, so you'll have to forgive me for these few random details on a lifestyle too eccentric to be anything other than mine. Whatever God was thinking, He sure had no trouble giving me a taste of the irony of life in America and my early travels, but He's taking it to another level now- from irony to cruel irony, or something resembling it.

We just got a donation of a large bag of animal crackers, so I finally know what our Christmas family treat will be.

We have flees in the internet room...again.

Only one of six baby chicks has survived the first few weeks of life. I have no idea how to rpotect them.

I have to clean everything. Somehow it all got dirty while I was preoccupied with...um, everything else.

I learned how to drive in Port au Prince today. Thought I had or was going to die several times, but somehow those trucks missed me by a few divine centimeters.

School is out for Christmas, which means that kids will stop spelling my name wrong when they write it with discarded chalk on my front door.

We have a new sewing machine, so there's one more thing I don't know how to do that I'll learn by causing various physical injuries and trying it different next time.

One of our goats finally gave birth. I didn't know baby goats were so cute. He's a little guy with fluffy white fur. Closest thing I'll have to a snowball this winter, so I'm resisting the urge to throw him.

Love.

-C

No comments: