Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Our New Digs

After seven months of living inside the schoolyard with children everywhere, all the time, no privacy, constant noise, it's a dream-come-true to have a room with a breeze and open space at the beach property.

It's a whole new way of life with the whole team here. Dee's been looking out for me, letting everyone know to let me be when I sneak away for some desperately overdo time alone. I've tossed rocks at the ocean all by myself, not a soul within fifty yards of me. For months I've had people at my side, which can be good or bad, depending on your personality. For me, it just added to the infecting loneliness I'd been feeling for so long. I wanted companionship, but at the same time I wanted solitary confinement. I think what it all came down to was detaching and taking time to pray out loud knowing that only my Father could hear me. That one little thing turns out to have more value to me than I ever knew.

I value that time now for what it should have been to me all along- necessary. That time is necessary for mental sanity, emotional bearing, spiritual renewal. I have never known that more than I do at this very moment.

So now I relish. I relish in shutting my door and not being disturbed, in reading and napping without constant perusal, in working, eating, drinking and sleeping on my own schedule, and in speaking English and having those in my presence understand every word.

I am enjoying this new life. It's still adventurous. It's still challenging. It's still wonderfully complex. But it's become something now that's never been before- more than bearable, less than spoiling- it's become comfortable. I know that in spiritual terms that word may carry negative connotations. But at this point, I'll take comfortable over what it previously was any day.

Much love,
C

Preview: I believe I owe you a "Joy of Giving: Part 2". Be on the lookout.

3 comments:

Claire said...

I'm so glad that you get your time alone, now, Crash! I've been realizing more and more how important it is to take time for just me and God. I love you!

Tammy said...

That is such a healthy thing to do! Good for you girl! I've recently discovered too that it is so important to just sit before the Lord and visit with Him...no questions asked....no requests...no complaining...trying not to pray for 'answers' to my prayers, but to focus on the one who gives the 'answers!' You inspire me so much Crash! Keep pressing forward!! God Bless!

Shaina Marie said...

Crash - I'm so happy for you. Time alone with God is so crucial. Sometimes it takes a time in our lives where that is denied to make us realize how much we need it and desire it. I'm glad you have it back. Love ya!