Sunday, March 22, 2009

That Look

Now that Lonia is in our midst again, I have had countless opportunities to look in those eyes that are too big for the body that holds them. Dee has spoken over and over of the fire in that little girl's eyes. But it's different to hear about it and now to see it for myself.

It's no matter what kind of look I give her, whether it is stern or gentle, full of panic or laced with joy, she always answers back with that same mysterious look, like she's got wisdom behind those eyes that I'll never touch.

Granted, there are those comical moments when she tries to imitate my features before I realize which ones I'm wearing. But when it's just her watching, looking, observing, searching, even silently replying to a statement I've made, she's got that look- that awesome, innocent, deep little look.

Gives me goosebumps everytime.

Dee can't quit repeating that this little fireball is especially special. She's known it for awhile. I'm just catching on. And for the both of us, it feels like God's working a little momentum into play. Care to join in the fun?

Much love,
C

No comments: